Brookfield Zoo animals fed Halloween pumpkin treats
October 24, 2012 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) -- Animals at Brookfield Zoo were treated to some Halloween pumpkins Wednesday afternoon.
The African lions, sloth bears, meerkats, red river hogs, pygmy hippos, and rhinos seemed to thoroughly enjoy their treats. Some of the pumpkins were carved out and filled with other goodies such as grain, meal worms, meat, raisins, and grapes.
Through the end of the month, many of the zoo's other animals will be getting pumpkins too. This weekend, zoo guests can see the lions and sloth bears receiving pumpkins during the annual Boo! at the Zoo celebration on October 27 and 28.
brookfield zoo, local
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 52 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos