Daniel Baker doesn't testify in beating death trial
October 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A suburban Deerfield man accused of beating a woman to death decided not to take the witness stand at his trial Wednesday.
Daniel Baker is accused of killing 50-year-old Marina Aksman in her Vernon Hills home in 2010.
Prosecutors say Baker bludgeoned Aksman to death because she wanted to keep him and her daughter, Kristina, apart.
In the past, Baker said he wanted to give his version of what happened, but he took his attorney's advice not to testify.
The defense rested Wednesday.
Because of scheduling conflicts, the trial won't resume until November 2.
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 57 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 48 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
57 min ago