Man charged in Metra conductor assault
October 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A northwest suburban man is charged with robbing and assaulting a Metra train conductor.
This happened Monday on a Burlington North Santa Fe line train that was traveling from Aurora to downtown Chicago.
Police say -- Kyle Rankin of Mundelein attacked a conductor during a robbery attempt while the train was stopped for about an hour at the Western Avenue station.
The conductor suffered minor injuries in the struggle including a broken finger.
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos