RTA chairman apologizes for Paratransit remark
October 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- The chairman of the Regional Transportation Authority says he's sorry he called Paratransit Vans a limousine service.
John Gates made the apology during an RTA meeting on Wednesday.
The agency chairman concedes he completely misspoke when he made the comment last week.
Paratransit riders complained during Wednesday's RTA board meeting, calling Gates' words hurtful and uninformed.
Gates admitted that his limo comparison was inappropriate.
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 6 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 51 min ago
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 37 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
36 min ago