CPS board meets under Byrd-Bennett's direction
October 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- The Chicago Public School Board met Wednesday for the first time under the direction of a new schools CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett.Among other items on the agenda, the board is working to adopt a new school operating budget that includes fiscal items agreed to in the new teachers contract, as well as finalizing a calendar for the remainder of the school year.
Byrd-Bennett takes over from Jean-Claude Brizard - who stepped down as CEO earlier this month.
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 43 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
23 min ago