Police shoot man during Englewood chase
October 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police shot a man on the South Side during a chase early Thursday morning, police said.
The man, who was arrested and taken to an area hospital, pointed a gun at police, according to a statement from the Chicago Police Department's Office of News Affairs.
An officer then shot the offender, according to police. No officers were injured.
Police were responding to a call of shots fired around 6700 S. Morgan when a chase by car and then by foot ensued, police said.
Two other people were arrested. The weapon was recovered on the scene.
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
11 min ago