Police shoot man during Englewood chase
October 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police shot a man on the South Side during a chase early Thursday morning, police said.
The man, who was arrested and taken to an area hospital, pointed a gun at police, according to a statement from the Chicago Police Department's Office of News Affairs.
An officer then shot the offender, according to police. No officers were injured.
Police were responding to a call of shots fired around 6700 S. Morgan when a chase by car and then by foot ensued, police said.
Two other people were arrested. The weapon was recovered on the scene.
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 17 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 7 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos