Police shoot man during Englewood chase
October 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police shot a man on the South Side during a chase early Thursday morning, police said.
The man, who was arrested and taken to an area hospital, pointed a gun at police, according to a statement from the Chicago Police Department's Office of News Affairs.
An officer then shot the offender, according to police. No officers were injured.
Police were responding to a call of shots fired around 6700 S. Morgan when a chase by car and then by foot ensued, police said.
Two other people were arrested. The weapon was recovered on the scene.
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen