Chicago weather: 20-degree drop in just 1 hour
October 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Fall kicked in with a vengeance Thursday after temperatures plummeted 20 degrees in just one hour.
"The bottom really fell out. We had temperatures in the mid 70s. Cold front rolled through and temperatures dropped about 20 degrees in one hour," said ABC7's Meteorologist Jerry Taft said Thursday. "Cold air pushed it, and it's here to stay."
The high Thursday was 75 and by 10 p.m. it was 46 degrees at O'Hare. That drop from the 70s way down into 50s came between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
As if a 20-degree drop isn't enough, the cold-front ushered in rain just in time for the evening commute and President Barack Obama's arrival at O'Hare Airport.
local, jerry taft
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
56 min ago