1 found dead inside burning West Side building
October 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A building fire turned deadly on Chicago's West Side Saturday.
Officials say the fire started at approximately 1:45 a.m. in the attic of a building in the 1600-block of North Central Park.
When firefighters arrived, they said they saw a man hanging out a window. That 43-year-old man was rescued and taken to the hospital, where he was listed in fair condition.
Firefighters also found a 40-year-old man dead inside the building.
The cause of the fire was under investigation Saturday.
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 38 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 40 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
38 min ago