Suspect Walter White accused of shooting 2 boys in Roseland
October 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police say they have charged a 19-year-old man in a shooting that injured two boys while they were playing football in the Roseland neighborhood.
Walter White, 19, of Chicago is charged with two counts of aggravated battery and discharged of a firearm.
Two boys, ages 13 and 14, were playing football Thursday afternoon in the Roseland neighborhood when they were hit by gunfire. Authorities say the offender came out of an alledy and started shooting in the direction of the victims.
Police say Andre Rice and Ravon Thompson were innocent victims caught in gang crossfire.
The boys were transported to Christ Hospital with gunshot wounds to the stomach.
There were no updated details on their conditions Saturday.
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 33 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act