March expands domestic violence awareness
October 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Members of Chicago's Pilsen community are working to expand awareness of domestic violence.
After a ritual cleansing ceremony by Mexican cultural dancers, about 100 marchers took off from Harrison Park.
They carried purple balloons and posters urging action to end violence against women.
October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Saturday's event was organized by Mujeres Latinas en Accion, a group formed to empower Latina women.
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado 34 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack 1 min ago
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal 14 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student 42 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos