CPS gives principals bonuses, CTU launches school reform website
October 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel gave 82 Chicago Public Schools principals merit pay bonuses, ranging from $5,000 to $20,000.
New CPS CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett was with the mayor on Monday as he handed them out. He said the bonuses were given to principals whose schools showed exceptional growth.
Also on Monday, the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) launched a website with school reform resources, including information on what schools CPS plans to close, MoveChicagoForward.com.
The CTU and CPS have been battling over how to go about reforming the public school system.
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos