Chicago's Daley Plaza Christmas tree picked
October 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A 64-foot Colorado spruce in Prospect Heights will soon light up Daley Plaza as Chicago's official Christmas tree.
People started submitting their entries to the city this summer- and the winner was from the Theiszman family. Their tree will be cut down on Thursday and delivered to the Daley Plaza on Friday. The 99th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony on Daley Plaza will take place on Tuesday, November 20 at 4:30 p.m.
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos