Mayor: $25 for parents who get involved in child's school
October 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A new program is offering a $25 incentive to get parents involved with their child's school.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Walgreen CEO Greg Wasson announced the initiative during a visit to a West Rogers Park Elementary School.
The program will be available at 70 schools where parental involvement has been lacking.
To qualify, parents must pick up their child's report card and participate in parent-teacher conferences during report card pick-up days.
The reward: a Walgreen Balance Rewards card worth $25 for in-store purchases.
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos