Suspect pleads not guilty in killing of Bears fan in Florida
November 8, 2012 (JACKSONVILLE, Fla.) -- Matthew Hinson, the Florida man charged with killing a Chicago Bears fan outside of a Jacksonville restaurant, has pleaded not guilty to murder charges.
Prosecutors say Hinson stabbed Christopher Pettry to death on October 7.
Pettry was from suburban Lake Villa. He was in Jacksonville to attend the Bears-Jaguars game.
Hinson was denied bond. His trial is scheduled for March.
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos