Geneva teachers could strike Friday
November 8, 2012 (GENEVA, Ill.) -- Geneva School Distict 304 says it's ready for a teachers strike expected Friday morning.
Chopper 7 HD flew over Geneva High School Thursday night as students practiced on the football field.
By law, teachers can go on strike as early as Friday. Talks did take place Thursday, but it's not clear if the two sides are still negotiating.
The district plans to keep school open as a safe haven for student if there is a strike.
For more information, visit https://www.geneva304.org.
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Golden Globes nominations announced 6 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss 11 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 19 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos