Geneva teachers could strike Friday
November 8, 2012 (GENEVA, Ill.) -- Geneva School Distict 304 says it's ready for a teachers strike expected Friday morning.
Chopper 7 HD flew over Geneva High School Thursday night as students practiced on the football field.
By law, teachers can go on strike as early as Friday. Talks did take place Thursday, but it's not clear if the two sides are still negotiating.
The district plans to keep school open as a safe haven for student if there is a strike.
For more information, visit https://www.geneva304.org.
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 4 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 57 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home 43 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines