ABC7 Salutes: Francis Robert Bailey
November 10, 2012 -- On this Veterans' Day weekend, ABC 7 Chicago Salutes Francis Robert Bailey of Wilmette.
Bailey, 88, is a World War II veteran. He served in the Marine Bombing Squadron Four Thirty-Three during the war. Sgt. Bailey was a tail gunner in the PBJ aircraft, a medium-sized bomber.
Today, he is a board member for the Pillars of Honor. The organization transports the original model of the World War II Memorial in Washington D.C. to those vets who cannot make the trip to the nation's capitol. ABC 7 Salutes Bailey for his military service and dedication to his fellow vets.
local, stacey baca
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 9 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark 57 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos