Chicago veterans honored at riverfront memorial
November 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Officials and veterans gathered Saturday in Chicago to mark the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and military officials welcomed the crowd at Chicago's Vietnam Veterans Memorial along the riverfront.
Speakers called for better support of veterans returning from overseas.
Among the soldiers honored at Saturday's ceremony was Marine Thomas Johnson, who is the son of fire department Captain Herbie Johnson who was killed in a fire last week.
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 34 min ago