Emanuel talks tech industry with UK ambassador
November 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel has met with Britain's ambassador to the United States to discuss ways of further developing relationships in the high-tech industry on both sides of the Atlantic.
Since 1993, Chicago has had a sister city partnership with Birmingham, England, another city with a rich industrial history that has transitioned to a more service-based economy.
After Saturday's meeting with Ambassador Peter Westmacott, Emanuel said such relationships will ensure Chicago remains a strategically positioned city for entrepreneurs and established business.
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey