Quinn unveils Illinois veterans exhibit
November 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Governor Pat Quinn celebrated Veterans Day Sunday by unveiling the Portrait of a Soldier exhibit at Navy Pier.
The travelling exhibit features nearly 300 hand-drawn portraits of each Illinois service member killed in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001.
It will be on display at Navy Pier through Tuesday, November 13. The exhibit can also be seen at Prairie Trails Library at 8449 Moody Avenue in Burbank, Ill., through November 13 and at Pittsfield High School in Pittsfield, Ill., through November 14.
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 21 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
9 min ago