100-year-old teacher dies after 77-year career
November 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Olivia Neubauer, the 100-year-old South Side teacher who was still working earlier this year, has passed away.
Neubauer taught reading at Ashburn Lutheran School on West 83rd Street. She began her career as an educator at Pullman Tech High School way back in 1935, 77 years ago.
She passed away Sunday morning after being hospitalized on Wednesday with fluid in her lungs.
Her family says funeral and visitation arrangements are being finalized.
- Investigation follows police shooting of student 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy 46 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suffolk County man arrested for sex crimes against children 21 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means 17 min ago
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
38 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
46 min ago