Empty lot next to Obama's home on the market
November 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Want to live next door to President Barack Obama's Kenwood home?
All you need is $890,000 and to pass a Secret Service screening.
The owners of the vacant lot next to the Obama family home are looking to sell, according to Chicago-based realty firm @properties.
"It is the rarest of rare opportunities in real estate, the chance to live next door to the president of the United States," the listing agent Anthony Rouches said in a press release. "Plus, in this instance, buyers will have a blank slate to build their dream home. I suspect it is also probably the safest residential block in the free world."
The current owners bought it four years ago for more than $600,000. They never built the custom home they had plans for on the lot, according to Rouches.
The land already has a place in Chicago history. It was once owned by former Obama fundraiser Tony Rezko.
Rezko is now serving a 10 and a half year sentence after his conviction in a kick-back scheme.
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for NYC 1 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 2 min ago
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 57 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for...
1 min ago