Crest Hill woman murdered before fire broke out, police say
November 19, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) -- Crest Hill police say a woman found dead inside a burning home Sunday was murdered before the fire broke out.
The body of 89-year-old Dorothy Dumyahn was in the 2300-block of Caton Farm Road Sunday Morning.
An autopsy performed Monday found she was murdered.
Investigators say they do not believe this was a random attack, and the public is not at risk.
No suspects are in custody.
Dumyahn had lived in the house alone since her husband died eight years ago.
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 12 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos