Crest Hill woman murdered before fire broke out, police say
November 19, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) -- Crest Hill police say a woman found dead inside a burning home Sunday was murdered before the fire broke out.
The body of 89-year-old Dorothy Dumyahn was in the 2300-block of Caton Farm Road Sunday Morning.
An autopsy performed Monday found she was murdered.
Investigators say they do not believe this was a random attack, and the public is not at risk.
No suspects are in custody.
Dumyahn had lived in the house alone since her husband died eight years ago.
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 28 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC 42 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million