Crest Hill woman murdered before fire broke out, police say
November 19, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) -- Crest Hill police say a woman found dead inside a burning home Sunday was murdered before the fire broke out.
The body of 89-year-old Dorothy Dumyahn was in the 2300-block of Caton Farm Road Sunday Morning.
An autopsy performed Monday found she was murdered.
Investigators say they do not believe this was a random attack, and the public is not at risk.
No suspects are in custody.
Dumyahn had lived in the house alone since her husband died eight years ago.
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 1 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
1 min ago