Charges pending in Crest Hill murder | Body of Dorothy Dumyahn, 89, found in burning home
November 22, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) -- A neighbor is being questioned in connection with the murder of an 89-year-old Crest Hill woman whose body was found inside her burning home Sunday.
Firefighters found Dorothy Dumyahn's body on Sunday. Investigators later determined she had been killed and the fire was set to cover up the crime.
On Thursday, a spokesperson for the Will County state's attorney says a 48-year-old neighbor is being held on probable cause of first-degree murder and arson. Formal charges are pending.
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos