2 Markham cops charged with theft
November 22, 2012 (MARKHAM) -- Two Markham police officers are accused of stealing $3,000 each from a local business owner.
Prosecutors say 38-year-old Darryl Starks and 41-year-old Andre Webb, the son of Markham Mayor David Webb Junior, took cash from a locked box while searching a warehouse in Dolton for stolen TVs. Authorities say the crimes took place in 2010 while the officers were acting in an official capacity during a police investigation.
The owner of the warehouse said the money was missing, and police say they found $3,380 under the floor mat of the police vehicle Webb was driving.
Both men are charged with armed violence, theft, and official misconduct. They surrendered Wednesday.
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Snow Alert issued in NYC for Tuesday
41 min ago