2 Markham cops charged with theft
November 22, 2012 (MARKHAM) -- Two Markham police officers are accused of stealing $3,000 each from a local business owner.
Prosecutors say 38-year-old Darryl Starks and 41-year-old Andre Webb, the son of Markham Mayor David Webb Junior, took cash from a locked box while searching a warehouse in Dolton for stolen TVs. Authorities say the crimes took place in 2010 while the officers were acting in an official capacity during a police investigation.
The owner of the warehouse said the money was missing, and police say they found $3,380 under the floor mat of the police vehicle Webb was driving.
Both men are charged with armed violence, theft, and official misconduct. They surrendered Wednesday.
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 15 min ago
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified 38 min ago
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV 49 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
15 min ago