Walmart workers protest on Black Friday
November 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- On Black Friday, protestors will greet shoppers at many Walmart stores across the nation.
In Chicago, striking Walmart employees from the Chatham neighborhood have gathered in protest.
They say topics include better working conditions, wages and benefits.
They plan to join other food and retail workers at two separate protests planned on Friday.
One Wal-Mart employee says the protest on this busy shopping day ought to send a message to consumers.
"This could be your job," said Jack Williams. "This is a trend in America, then it could be any job then it could be anybody. When it comes to pay Wal-Mart's pay for our associates is comparable or better than our competitors as well as our unionized competitors that are in the area."
Williams went on to say the company does not retaliate against its workers and is happy to hear their concerns.
local, jessica d'onofrio
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Carteret freight train derailment closes turnpike ramps 52 min ago
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Carteret freight train derailment closes...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos