Neighbor charged in murder of Crest Hill woman
November 23, 2012 (CREST HILL, Ill.) -- Crest Hill police have charged a neighbor in the murder of Dorothy Dumyahn, 89.
Investigators found Dumyahn's body inside her burning home in the 2300-block of Caton Farm Road Sunday morning.
An autopsy performed Monday found she was murdered. Investigators determined that the house had been set on fire to cover up the crime.
Her neighbor, Bruce Gimpel, 48, is charged with first degree murder. There is no information on a possible motive.
Dumyahn lived in the house alone since her husband died eight years ago.
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 49 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 49 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash 37 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
50 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
35 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
49 min ago