Tree falls on SUV in Wilmette, 2 hurt
November 23, 2012 (WILMETTE, Ill.) -- Two people in an SUV were hurt in Wilmette when a large tree fell on the vehicle.
It was very windy at the time of the accident late Friday morning.
Three children and three adults were inside the vehicle at the time.
The driver and front seat passenger, both adults, were hurt.
Officials say they were alert and talking as they were taken to a hospital. They were reportedly in good condition.
A boy who lives nearby says he witnessed the accident.
"I saw a lot of people rush over, pull over. Then, I saw the ambulance come. My mom called the ambulance," Oscar Hines told ABC7 Chicago.
Village crews have removed the tree from the street at 16th and Wilmette Avenue.
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 53 min ago
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease 42 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013