Enforcement sweep for disability spaces
Novebmer 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White is on the prowl looking for motorists illegally parking their vehicles in disabled parking spots this weekend.
Friday afternoon Secretary of State police officers issued tickets to motorist illegally parked in disability parking spaces near Water Tower Place in Chicago.
Officers are conducting enforcement sweeps at popular shopping malls state-wide throughout the holiday shopping season.
"I think that with operations like this we are making a difference and making sure that these spots to those who truly need them," said Secretary of State spokesman Bill Bogdan.
The Secretary of State's office says people who are caught illegally parked in a disabled space face fines up to $350.
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash