Enforcement sweep for disability spaces
Novebmer 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White is on the prowl looking for motorists illegally parking their vehicles in disabled parking spots this weekend.
Friday afternoon Secretary of State police officers issued tickets to motorist illegally parked in disability parking spaces near Water Tower Place in Chicago.
Officers are conducting enforcement sweeps at popular shopping malls state-wide throughout the holiday shopping season.
"I think that with operations like this we are making a difference and making sure that these spots to those who truly need them," said Secretary of State spokesman Bill Bogdan.
The Secretary of State's office says people who are caught illegally parked in a disabled space face fines up to $350.
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win