Search continues for deadly hit-and-run driver
November 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- The family of a fatal hit-and-run victim is asking the driver who left the scene to turn himself in.
Relatives are mourning the death of 24-year-old Ivan Miranda.
He was killed yesterday morning when the silver sedan he was driving was hit by a black SUV at the corner of division and central.
Police say the other driver, a male, had been drinking and ran from the scene.
Miranda's brother, who was in the car when they were hit, said the family wants justice.
"All of this came from the impact because when we got hit, he bounced off and hit me. Then I blacked out for a little bit," said Giovanni Miranda.
"Turn yourself in," said the victim's mother, Elizabeth Rodriguez. "Your conscience is going to get you."
Police continue searching for the missing driver. His passenger stayed at the scene and was questioned by police but has since been released.
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos