Hoffman Estates High School basketball team suspended following hazing investigation
December 1, 2012 (HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill.) -- The Hoffman Estates High School varsity basketball team has been suspended for three games, including one that was supposed to take place Saturday evening, following a hazing investigation.
A school official told ABC7 that the team will receive training in hazing awareness and prevention as part of its disciplinary action.
Another suburban high school, Maine West, is also facing allegations of hazing and a lawsuit.
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures