Spa hostage suspect charged
December 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police say Byron K. Moore, 49, of the 16200-block of S. Laflin St. in Markham, Ill., faces multiple charges in connection with a hostage situation at a spa near 31st and Archer in Chicago.
The incident, which took place Friday evening, ended with a shirtless Moore surrendering to authorities.
Police say Moore entered the business on Archer Avenue and attempted to rob three female victims. Moore then held a 40-year-old woman in a back room against her will and sexually abused her.
Police immediately swarmed the area and the situation ended without incident.
Moore is scheduled to appear in court on December 3rd.
Authorities say he is charged with:
Three counts of attempted robbery
Three class four felony counts of unlawful restraint
One class four felony count of criminal sexual abuse/force
One count of attempted criminal sexual assault/force
One class x felony count of aggravated kidnapping/inflicting harm
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 40 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 21 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 34 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 20 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
38 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
40 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp...
34 min ago