Marine from Chicago Heights dies at NC base
December 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A U.S. Marine from Illinois died at a North Carolina base while exercising.
According to the Jacksonville Daily News, Master Gunnery Sgt. James J. Petrongelli, 46, of south suburban Chicago Heights collapsed as he finished physical training Thursday.
The Bloom High School graduated married his high school sweetheart and had five children who are between the ages of 10 and 24.
Petrongelli's nearly 30-year career with Marine Corps included several overseas deployments, most recently to Iraq.
His cause of death is still under investigation.
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
27 min ago