Norman Rockwell painting sells for millions
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A Norman Rockwell painting sold for just under $3 million at a Chicago auction Saturday.
Susanin's Auctions in the South Loop said Rockwell's "Willie Gillis Food Package from Home" sold for $2.8 million. The painting first appeared on the cover of the "Saturday Evening Post" in 1941.
The identity of the buyer was not revealed.
The work has been hanging in a Chicago CEO's office since 1968.
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos