Norman Rockwell painting sells for millions
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A Norman Rockwell painting sold for just under $3 million at a Chicago auction Saturday.
Susanin's Auctions in the South Loop said Rockwell's "Willie Gillis Food Package from Home" sold for $2.8 million. The painting first appeared on the cover of the "Saturday Evening Post" in 1941.
The identity of the buyer was not revealed.
The work has been hanging in a Chicago CEO's office since 1968.
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen