Two suburban girls rescued from construction site hole
December 2, 2012 (TINLEY PARK, Ill.) -- Two girls are safe after being rescued from a collapsed construction site in the southwest suburbs Sunday.
The girls, identified by family members as being 11 and 12 years-old, were playing in an area that had been recently excavated for a building foundation in Tinley Park.
Witnesses say mud fell in on the girls trapping them. One of the girl's brothers saw what had happened and alerted his parents who called 911.
The girls were taken to hospitals with no visible injuries just to get checked out.
- Winter Weather Advisory 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 49 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 53 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Winter Weather Advisory
29 min ago