Second person charged in Gold Coast attempt to run over cop
December 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Prosecutors have charged a second man in November's Gold Coast robbery of an American Apparel store and getaway that resulted in a Chicago police officer nearly being run-over.
Chicago resident Michael Holmes, 20, faces one count of attempted first degree murder ,one count of aggravated assault of a police officer, and one count of felony theft in the incident, according to police.
A 17-year-old male has already been charged in the case.
The officer managed to get out of the way of their getaway car. Shots were fired and nobody was hurt.
gold coast news, local
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 20 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
53 min ago