Second person charged in Gold Coast attempt to run over cop
December 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Prosecutors have charged a second man in November's Gold Coast robbery of an American Apparel store and getaway that resulted in a Chicago police officer nearly being run-over.
Chicago resident Michael Holmes, 20, faces one count of attempted first degree murder ,one count of aggravated assault of a police officer, and one count of felony theft in the incident, according to police.
A 17-year-old male has already been charged in the case.
The officer managed to get out of the way of their getaway car. Shots were fired and nobody was hurt.
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma