Officials identify woman's body found in in NW Ind. as Gena Chiodo | Boyfriend Donal Clark charged
December 3, 2012 (CALUMET CITY, Ill.) -- Officials have identified the body of a woman found in a wooded area near Lowell, Ind., as 42-year-old Gena Chiodo.
"Positive identification was made this afternoon and the deceased is Gena Chiodo," said Lake County Indiana Coroner Merrilee Frey.
Frey said dental records helped identify Chiodo.
Because of evidence of foul play in her home, police charged her boyfriend, Donal Clark, with murder and concealment of a homicide. Chiodo was last seen in October, and the remains were found Sunday near Route 2 and U.S. 41.
"We believe she was killed in residence by her boyfriend and transported. In all probability she's been in that field since, wrapped in a sheet," said Chief Edward Gilmore with Calumet City police.
Chiodo's friends tried to cope with the news on Monday.
"There is no peace there is no rest. I am a spiritual person, so the day she took her last breath, God had her anyways," said Michelle Mack, a former roommate.
"It sounds really bizarre, but I wanted her home for Christmas. I mean, I didn't get her to talk to, but we have her body, she's home," said Pat Nasella, friend.
local, michelle gallardo
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 1 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs 25 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
35 min ago