IIT hosts robot competition
December 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Robots battled in Chicago Saturday as the Illinois Institute of Technology hosted the Ring It Up robotics competition.
The robots were built by teams of middle and high school students. They earned points by hanging plastic rings on pegs.
Organizers say this was a way for the students to apply what they've learned in math and science classes to a real world challenge.
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
38 min ago