IIT hosts robot competition
December 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Robots battled in Chicago Saturday as the Illinois Institute of Technology hosted the Ring It Up robotics competition.
The robots were built by teams of middle and high school students. They earned points by hanging plastic rings on pegs.
Organizers say this was a way for the students to apply what they've learned in math and science classes to a real world challenge.
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash