Crundwell property auction nets over $275K
December 8, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) -- The online auction for the property of convicted Dixon, Illinois comptroller Rita Crundwell has brought in more than $275,000.
The Illinois portion of the bidding, which was set up by the U.S. Marshal Service closed on Saturday night.
Final proceeds from the Illinois items brought $180,000. The rest came from items auctioned off in Florida. The proceeds all go back to the city of Dixon.
Crundwell was convicted of stealing $53 million from the town. She will be sentenced in February.
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 4 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens 54 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014