8 charged in alleged dogfighting case
December 8, 2012 (DOLTON, Ill.) -- Eight men have been charged in an alleged dogfighting case.
It happened Wednesday in south suburban Dolton. According to the Cook County Sheriff's department, police were tipped off to a dogfight in progress.
They say seven dogs were found, some with severe injuries.
The dogs were taken to the south suburban Humane Society in Chicago Heights.
The suspects are all charged with attending or patronizing a dogfight.
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 34 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 5 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 11 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Mom of Newtown victim recalls that painful day 16 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 3 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
34 min ago