8 charged in alleged dogfighting case
December 8, 2012 (DOLTON, Ill.) -- Eight men have been charged in an alleged dogfighting case.
It happened Wednesday in south suburban Dolton. According to the Cook County Sheriff's department, police were tipped off to a dogfight in progress.
They say seven dogs were found, some with severe injuries.
The dogs were taken to the south suburban Humane Society in Chicago Heights.
The suspects are all charged with attending or patronizing a dogfight.
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures