Fundraiser to help families of domestic abuse
December 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- An organization helping families affected by domestic violence was expected to raise half a million dollars Sunday.
It was the 9th annual fundraiser for WINGS, standing for Women in Need Growing Stronger.
WINGS runs a safe house for families who've suffered from domestic abuse.
The organization runs transitional homes helping women and children learning emotional and financial independence.
- Bratton joins Sharpton at rally in Harlem
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman