U of C menorah lights up Hanukkah
December 9, 2012 (CHICAG0) -- University of Chicago faculty and students gathered near 57th and University to light the Chabad's new 9-foot menorah commemorating the second night of Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of lights.
The celebration included traditional music and plenty of latkes and jelly donuts, which are customary Hanukkah treats.
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 20 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
48 min ago