Rev. Lewis Flowers, West Side minister/activist, dead at 62
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A longtime activist in Chicago has died.
Reverend Lewis Flowers passed away Saturday night at his West Side home.
Flowers was the chairman of the Westside Ministers Coalition.
For more than three decades, he fought for social justice in education, employment and housing on Chicago's West Side, particularly in the Austin community.
Reverend Lewis Flowers was 62.
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall