Rev. Lewis Flowers, West Side minister/activist, dead at 62
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- A longtime activist in Chicago has died.
Reverend Lewis Flowers passed away Saturday night at his West Side home.
Flowers was the chairman of the Westside Ministers Coalition.
For more than three decades, he fought for social justice in education, employment and housing on Chicago's West Side, particularly in the Austin community.
Reverend Lewis Flowers was 62.
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 38 min ago
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 40 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 39 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
38 min ago