Jonathan Jackson: I'm not running for Jackson Jr.'s vacant seat
December 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Jonathan Jackson told ABC7 he is not running for the congressional seat vacated by his brother Jesse Jackson Jr.
Jackson said he was considering the seat but decided against it.
Jackson Jr. resigned in November, citing ongoing treatment for bipolar disorder.
On Saturday, Democratic Party leaders heard from those interested in the seat, but could not decide on a single candidate to support.
More than a dozen contenders are eyeing the seat.
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green