Jonathan Jackson: I'm not running for Jackson Jr.'s vacant seat
December 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Jonathan Jackson told ABC7 he is not running for the congressional seat vacated by his brother Jesse Jackson Jr.
Jackson said he was considering the seat but decided against it.
Jackson Jr. resigned in November, citing ongoing treatment for bipolar disorder.
On Saturday, Democratic Party leaders heard from those interested in the seat, but could not decide on a single candidate to support.
More than a dozen contenders are eyeing the seat.
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 19 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 19 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash 7 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
20 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
5 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
19 min ago