CTA releases photos in alleged sexual assault
December 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police have released CTA photos of what they believe is the person of interest in an alleged sexual assault of a woman early Wednesday morning in Chicago's Rogers Park community.
They released three different pictures. They do not know the man's identity but hope to talk with him as soon as possible and are asking for the public's help.
A man attacked the woman near the Morse Red Line station, dragged her to an area where there is ongoing construction and that is where she was sexually assaulted.
Police say that the man in the photos they released on Wednesday night was riding the CTA's Red Line between 11 p.m. Tuesday and 5:30 a.m. Wednesday.
He is 6-feet tall and weighs about 200 pounds.
"We believe that this individual was on the L, was on the Red Line at some point for a period of time in the early morning hours. At some point then arriving at the Morse L station, which is when he then approached the victim and the attack was complete" said Chicago Police Sargent Mia Ogliore.
Chicago Police say that the woman is in the hospital in stable condition.
local, stacey baca
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 39 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 50 min ago
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 4 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos