Rogers Park Red Line sex assault suspect arrested
January 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police have arrested a suspect in a December sexual assault near a North Side CTA Red Line station.
Police announced charges against James Shorty, 18, of Momence early Wednesday.
According to authorities, DNA links Shorty to the rape of a 50-year-old woman near the Morse Red Line station December 19, 2012.
The victim was forced to a nearby construction site before Shorty allegedly robbed and attacked her.
Shorty is also facing felony kidnapping charges.
Shorty was due in court Wednesday.
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos