Rogers Park Red Line sex assault suspect arrested
January 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police have arrested a suspect in a December sexual assault near a North Side CTA Red Line station.
Police announced charges against James Shorty, 18, of Momence early Wednesday.
According to authorities, DNA links Shorty to the rape of a 50-year-old woman near the Morse Red Line station December 19, 2012.
The victim was forced to a nearby construction site before Shorty allegedly robbed and attacked her.
Shorty is also facing felony kidnapping charges.
Shorty was due in court Wednesday.
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up 21 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
21 min ago