Rogers Park Red Line sex assault suspect arrested
January 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago police have arrested a suspect in a December sexual assault near a North Side CTA Red Line station.
Police announced charges against James Shorty, 18, of Momence early Wednesday.
According to authorities, DNA links Shorty to the rape of a 50-year-old woman near the Morse Red Line station December 19, 2012.
The victim was forced to a nearby construction site before Shorty allegedly robbed and attacked her.
Shorty is also facing felony kidnapping charges.
Shorty was due in court Wednesday.
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 45 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 16 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 18 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 57 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 49 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos