2009 jail escapee Robert Maday faces federal charges at new trial
January 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Opening arguments began Wednesday in the trial of a serial bank robber who escaped from police custody and robbed another bank before being caught.
Robert Maday is facing federal charges for his September 2009 escape and robbing a Bloomingdale bank while on the loose.
An FBI agent was one of two witnesses who testified Wednesday.
Prosecutors say the 42-year-old was en route to the Rolling Meadows courthouse for sentencing when he somehow overpowered two Cook County state's attorney investigators and fled.
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
11 min ago