Shopping in Cook County? Now customers will pay less sales tax
January 2, 2013 -- It now costs less to buy things in Cook County.
Current Board President Toni Preckwinkle joined business people Wednesday in marking the final rollback of the one percentage point sales tax increase pushed through by her predecessor Todd Stroger.
The combined city, county and state sales tax in Chicago is now 9.25 percent.
- House fire in New Brunswick 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 1 min ago
- George Washington Bridge reopens for morning commute 44 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- George Washington Bridge reopens for...
44 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
31 min ago