Shopping in Cook County? Now customers will pay less sales tax
January 2, 2013 -- It now costs less to buy things in Cook County.
Current Board President Toni Preckwinkle joined business people Wednesday in marking the final rollback of the one percentage point sales tax increase pushed through by her predecessor Todd Stroger.
The combined city, county and state sales tax in Chicago is now 9.25 percent.
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos