Tammy Duckworth sworn into Congress
January 3, 2013 (WASHINGTON) -- Iraq war vet Tammy Duckworth Is now a member of Congress representing the northwest suburbs.
The Democrat took a ceremonial oath at the Disabled American Veterans office in Washington Thursday afternoon.
Representative Duckworth lost both legs and severely damaged her arm in Iraq while service as an army helicopter pilot.
Duckworth replaces one-term Republican Congressman Joe Walsh.
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 10 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
44 min ago