Lombard family divided by BCS Championship game
January 3, 2013 (LOMBARD, Ill.) -- Millions of people will watch the BCS Championship game between Alabama and Notre Dame but it hits very close to home for the Miller family of Lombard.
One of the family's sons attends University of Alabama and the other attends Notre Dame.
Who's going to win the game?
"Well Alabama of course," Alabama junior Bobby Miller said.
"Notre Dame is going to win," Notre Dame freshman Jimmy Miller said.
"I just keep telling people I'm Switzerland. I'm not picking a side," their mother Toni Miller said.
The Millers have bonded over football from the beginning. As the possibility the two schools would meet to determine football supremacy built over the fall, their father Jim Miller knew he had to get the family to Miami for the game.
While he loves his sons equally, Jim Miller's Chicago roots won't be denied
"I'm from the South Side of Chicago and it is kind of your birth right," he said. "You have to be a Notre Dame fan and so i have to root for Notre Dame."
local, ravi baichwal
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos