Elgin police officer arrests burglary suspect in his own home
January 3, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) -- A police officer in Elgin arrests a man accused of breaking into the officer's own home.
Twenty-one-year-old Ryan Hukill is behind bars on a felony burglary charge.
Police say the unidentified Elgin police officer stopped at his home while on patrol Wednesday and found Hukill burglarizing his home. That officer took Hukill into custody when he allegedly tried to run away.
Elgin police say Hukill and the officer are neighbors.
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
1 min ago