Elgin police officer arrests burglary suspect in his own home
January 3, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) -- A police officer in Elgin arrests a man accused of breaking into the officer's own home.
Twenty-one-year-old Ryan Hukill is behind bars on a felony burglary charge.
Police say the unidentified Elgin police officer stopped at his home while on patrol Wednesday and found Hukill burglarizing his home. That officer took Hukill into custody when he allegedly tried to run away.
Elgin police say Hukill and the officer are neighbors.
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 11 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon